Do you have similar tasks that you need to complete every day? With task templates, you can save tasks and use them any time you need them!
See the video related to this article.
First, you need to create some task templates:
- Open a task and click on the three-dot menu. Select Create a task template, and a dropdown menu will popup.
- Then you can select a name and a description. Keep in mind that this name is for the template only.
- Tick the desired task attributes that you want to include in the template.
- Click Save, and you're done!
Now you can use the task template:
- Start creating a task and use "#" as a prefix
- Select the desired template you want to use
- Give the task a name and click enter
Editing a template:
- Go to your Project Settings
- Click on "Task Templates" in the left menu
- From here, you can view all the templates, edit and delete them.
Have in mind that you cannot add attributes to the templates - you can only remove them
Additional Information - what fields you can save into your templates?
- Task Templates have names and descriptions. It's important to know that these are different from the Task's name and description
- Global - choose if the template will be global for all organization projects or for the specific project only
- Story Points
- Business Value
- Task Relationships
- Repeat settings