Understanding Frozen, Open, Review, Closed states and lists.
Frozen, Open, Review and Closed are task or list states.
Workflows and their relation with task and list states
In Ora, for each project, you can choose between two workflows:
1. Pipeline Workflow ON - Lists have states and task states depends on their parent list. Move them to another list and their state will change. This is the default workflow for most templates and it's very useful because it will change the state for you when you drag/move cards.
2. Open/Closed/Review tasks in the same list (Pipeline Workflow OFF) - In case you want mixed lists and your project doesn't follow a pipeline workflow, you can disable it and have states of each individual task under the same list.
ProTip: You can use list actions to change task states as well if Pipeline Workflow is disabled. See list actions article here
Choosing your preferred workflow
To choose your project workflow type go to Project Settings > Preferences and switch ON or OFF the Open/Review/Closed tasks in the same list toggle
Or go to Project Settings > Add On's and switch ON or OFF the Pipeline Workflow toggle
Why care about a state?
1. You can approve and reject/review tasks
2. Frozen, Review, Completed tasks don't show in "My Tasks"
3. States are used to unblock blocked tasks - see tasks relationships article here
4. States are used for reports and statistics